Friday, February 5, 2010

February Book Club

Our first meeting of the year at Jen R's.

I love the titles for 2010. I managed to pick up 8 books - 2 new and 6 second hand through www.BetterWorldBooks.com

"Better World Books is a for-profit social enterprise that collects used books and sells them online to raise money for literacy initiatives worldwide. We offer great bargains on used books - over 6 million used and new titles, with free shipping anywhere in the U.S. and just $3.97 worldwide. What’s more, you love cheap used books and so does the environment – when you buy used, you save books from landfill and conserve resources."

The total cost was $US84 including postage. If I purchased the books new from a local bookstore I would only bought 4 for that price. Bargain and it's helping a worthy cause.

I'm looking forward to some interesting discussions this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment